Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Long Live The Queen


There is a queen living at my house. She is 3 years old. Her eyes are icy blue. She wears a dark brown mask and her hair is buff-colored. She is Tator Tot, our cat. She is typical in that she expects us all to bow down to her and do as she wishes when she wishes. She is atypical in that in all her demanding, she rarely, and I do mean rarely, meows. If she does it is a squeaky ewww sound. She also rarely purrs. The surprising thing is that she is a siamese cat.

The only siamese cat I have ever known belonged to a dear friend when we were in high school. Boo Kitty meowed all the time and LOUDLY! He was very lovey-dovey and would sleep on my head if I spent the night there. So when we adopted Tator we figured we were in for some more noise. Not to be.

She is also lovey only when she wants to be and then it is usually over within 2 minutes. Then you get a bite and a paw grab. Or at least I do. Hubby and the girls (except for A) get a little longer sometimes, but not often.

To tell me she needs fed, she rubs on my legs or follows me all around as I go about the house chores, leading me to her bowl every time I get close. To go out into the garage she does the same thing and then lets her squeak-sound out. To come in she claws the door like the dogs.

She does go outside sometimes. She rarely goes outside of our yard boundaries though. Once in a while she will explore to the 4 connecting yards to ours. For the most part she just sits out front under the boxwood bushes.

Tator only eats one kind of food and if they ever stop making it we are in trouble. She will not eat fish flavored food or soft food at all. She loves the cheese you squeeze out of a can, but is allergic to it. She likes turkey lunch meat, bacon and hot dogs. If you have one of these items on your plate, she will join you.

She also loves to ride on the back of the computer chair and have someone spin it for her. We call it her motorcycle ride.

Right now the queen is exploring the house, looking for that just right "Spot of the Day" to nap. Wonder where it will be.....

No comments:

Post a Comment